This is Me…
Ever since I can remember, I have loved to learn new stuff and to share what I’ve learned. I have a fascination with what makes people tick and how that impacts the ease with which they grow. Nature has been a lifelong inspiration for me and I still recall planting watermelon seeds outside our apartment door when I was four years old – trusting that I would soon have a juicy slice to eat. And, I feel a profound sense of the spiritual and that I have some sacred purpose to carry out in this life.
A big part of this purpose is working with smart and capable women to help them discover all that their lives have to offer them and the ones they love. One of the most rewarding things in life for me is to hold the space for a woman to experience an epiphany or insight that allows her to see things from a different perspective, so she can be happy and live her own life, instead of the one that others expect.
Another important part of my purpose is to live a simple and sustainable life – one that is healthy for me and for the Earth. I’ve been called a “rabid recycler” and I love to prepare our meals from scratch, using fresh, whole foods from local farmers and from my own garden. Breaking free from processed food and “big agriculture” is easier than you may think and I find it incredibly fulfilling to help women learn how to incorporate the slow food movement and green living into their own lives.
I’ve learned that living our authentic lives is a journey that continually unfolds, sometimes in surprising ways, and always in ways that ask us to trust and allow us to use our greatest strengths and gifts. The Divine wants for us what is in our favor, even when challenges present themselves or when things go differently than we think they should. How often do we look back and feel grateful for those events that seemed tragedies at the time, realizing that it was truly the best thing that could have happened?
“The secret of happiness is freedom and the secret of freedom is a brave heart.” – Pericles
Some Personal & Professional Milestones:
- Birth of my son, Dillon , now 29 years old, who lives in Southern California and is an aspiring composer. He still calls me Mom, and has bestowed upon me the loftier titles of “Friend” and “Confidante.” What an honor!
- B.S. degree in Exercise Science from Georgia State University, 1996
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Exercise Physiologist
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Began my Personal Fitness Training practice for women in 1996
- Certified Reflexologist – Heal Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- Certified Wellness Coach, Wellcoaches, Inc.
- Divorced after 19 years of marriage
- Relocated to Kentucky after 22 years in Atlanta, Georgia (14 of those years in City of Decatur, GA)
- Bought my first motorcycle, a Honda Shadow VLX
- Mindful Eating Coach and Licensed Facilitator, Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Workshops
- Married to my second husband, Michael. We live a few miles west of Augusta, Kentucky and share our home with Ace, the Black Lab, Sadie, the Yellow Lab Vladimir, the Russian Blue cat and Matzo, the Calico cat.
- Steadily working on the renovation of our house and land and learning how to knit
* * *
“When you’re working with Lisa, you feel like you’re her most important client. Even more than that, you feel like you have a friend who genuinely cares about your total well being: physically, emotionally, spiritually.
– Cara Barineau, President & Creative Director, Blue Marble Media, Atlanta, GA